Measure S-Applicants for Citizen Oversight Committee Deadline Extended
We are still in need of a member that is active in a bona-fide taxpayers association. If you are interested in applying to be this member of the committee please complete the application and submit it to the superintendent's office by the new deadline of October 3, 2014.
Thanks to the generosity of the residents of Benicia the district has approved Measure S, a 49.6 million dollar facilities bond to support Benicia's schools. The district is now obligated to establish a Citizen's Oversight Committee to satisfy the accountability requirements of Prop 39. According to Prop 29 " The purpose of the Citizen's Oversight Committee shall be to inform the public concerning the expenditure of bond revenues." For further information regarding the committee please see the attached memorandum. The Committee shall consist of 7 members appointed by the District Board based on criteria established by Prop 39:
- One member active in a business organization representing the business community
- One member active in a senior citizen's organization
- One member active in a bona-fide taxpayers association
- One member shall be a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the district
- One member shall be both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the district and active in a parent-teacher organization or school site council
- Two members of the community at-large appointed by the Board
Click HERE for the application and memorandum.
New 2014-15 School Calendar
Last night the Governing Board approved a change in the 2014-2015 school calendar. The old calendar had June 1, 2015 as an off day with schools not in session. Now June 1, 2015 will be a regular school day and November 10,2014 will be the off day with schools not in session. This will make a 4 day weekend on November 8th. Click here for the revised calendar.
Salad Bar Grant Awarded
BUSD has been awarded a grant for 6 salad bars throughout the district.
Four salad bars will replace the old ones at our elementary sites and there will be one salad bar at the Middle School and one at the High School. The salad bars come fully equipped with ice pads, containers, tongs, etc. Each fully equipped is valued at $5,000. Congratulations to Tania Courtney and the Food Service Department!